This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Post page issues

• Creator
    Topic
    mark
    Participant

Hi ThemeBlvd, I am having a couple of issues with this theme and was hoping you can shed some light on what is going wrong, and how I can fix this.

example on my site here bamboorocketapps.com

a) comment section is in white, how do I get this to also be the standard grey ?
    b) why does page have so much blank background at the end, other posts have some but this page seems to have lots, looks like the post itself is causing the issue ?

Many thanks

Mark

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

a) comment section is in white, how do I get this to also be the standard grey ?

The comment section is white because you’re using a third-party plugin that replaces the theme’s comments. If you want to use the theme’s dark style, you’ll also need to make CSS customizations to your third-party plugin.

Possibly something like this will get you started:

#social { background: #282828; }

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

Also, here’s a helpful tutorial on how to use Firebug – http://vimeo.com/20917974. The only thing I’d suggest not doing is actually making edits to the theme’s CSS files, as it shows at the end of that video. However, the video serves as a good introduction to Firebug and how it can be used to find what CSS is effecting certain areas of your site without ever digging around in any files.

b) why does page have so much blank background at the end, other posts have some but this page seems to have lots, looks like the post itself is causing the issue ?

This is also some sort of conflict with the plugin you’re using for the social icons. Try putting this in your Custom CSS:

.sharedaddy .header-shade { display: none !important; }
    mark
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Thanks for that a really big help. all now working as expected.

Thanks

Mark

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.