This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Post Lists/Grids and Translation

• Creator
    Topic
    veglobal

Hi.  I was wondering if you might be able to help me understand what’s going on with an issue with post lists/grids and translation.  We are developing a new website for our nonprofit organization.  I have put one of the post lists in the footer so the most recent blog posts show up there.  It seems that both the English and Spanish versions of our blog posts are ending up there.  We are using WPML, but I’m not sure if it’s this or if I’m doing something else incorrectly.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

So have you done this in your footer by using the mini post list widget in a floating widget area?

This widget just uses WordPress’s get_posts to grab the posts, so I don’t think this will adhere to WPML’s current query of the posts based on the current language. But honestly I do not know the answer to that for sure. You may want to ask them.

The good news here (I think anyway) is that our theme’s widget allows you to put in a custom query string to feed through to the posts. And WPML provides a good tutorial to show how you can display different widgets based on the current language. — So possibly you could have an instance of the Mini Post List widget for each language?

But what to put in the custom query to pull posts from a specific language only for WPML? — I don’t know the answer to that, unfortunately. That’s something you may want to ask the WPML support staff.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.