This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

post list slider

• Creator
    Topic
    raffaes
    Participant

Hi Jason
    Can you put a post-list slider on a static homepage or does it have to be put on a post page(blog)?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can put the post list slider just about anywhere. You can use the [post_list_slider] shortcode to put it anywhere shortcodes are allowed. Or, if you’re using a custom layout from the Builder, you can use the “Post List Slider” element in that layout.

Let me know if that doesn’t make sense, or you’re still not understanding.

raffaes
    Participant

ok got you
    but where is this post list slider(shortcode) managed

raffaes
    Participant

can you direct me to some of your documentation about this

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m not totally sure if I’m following your question? It’s not managed from anywhere. It’s just a shortcode that you can feed options into like any other standard WordPress shortcode.

Here is a list of all the options you can use: http://www.themeblvd.com/demo/akita/features/shortcodes/shortcodes-sliders/

See the Post List Slider example towards the bottom.

raffaes
    Participant

thank you….categories….. i was looking as to how to specify what posts to use in a specific post-slider with a shortcode and im guessing its done using the categorie option yes? ive gone ahead and done it through the builder and it seems with some more fixes it will work fine. Now ive been asked if these same posts can be connected or fed into social media through wordpress? any suggestions as to how i go about doing that
    thanks again Jason

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I am not aware of a way to do this, no.

raffaes
    Participant

oh come on now Jason:)…a share button or something…facebook plugin??

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I haven’t personally played with any share plugins. So, that’s something you’ll need to experiment with. I’m sure if you search on wordpress.org you can find tons of them. I’d imagine it’s a popular thing. But I can’t say how any of these plugins are going to fit in with the design of the post list slider itself. You’re going to have dig in, experiment, and figure out how to please that client of yours. 😉

raffaes
    Participant

i know… i was trying to find an easy way out
    see you and thanks

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

i know… i was trying to find an easy way out

lol.. respect to the most honest response ever.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.