This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Post Grid Slider with a Title in the Navigation Area Under the Slider Images

• Creator
    Topic
    magicss
    Participant

on this page
    http://seattlegirlschoir.org/wp/
    near the bottom
    I created a Post Grid Slider with a “Title” inside the Navigation Area, just under the Slider Images.

I figure that the next one I make anywhere on the whole site will get the blessing of this “Title” because there is not a static ID for this slider. (It changes every time I reload the page.)

So I am thinking of a CSS for just the home page and wondering if that is advisable and how to do it within the child theme system. (Because I am sure I will want another slider somewhere…)

If there is a way or a better way of doing this, please let us know.
    I do wish we could add a field within the slider set-up for this kind of need.
    Here is how I achieved the Title effect:
    .flex-control-nav:after {
    content: “Meet and Visit our Sponsors…”;
    }

And then I think I set the height in this class:
    .standard-slider-wrapper .flex-control-nav {
    position: absolute;
    bottom: 15px;
    left: 10px;
    text-align: center;
    width: 100%;
    height: 14px;
    z-index: 3;
    }

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    magicss
    Participant

So I have been realizing the futility of my above attempt which I see is a “pseudo” CSS trick (“Content” …)

And I created a Div on the Page and gave it an ID and then used CSS: Position Relative, and it seems to Work for All Screen Sizes.

This seems to be a real need and an important method to accomplish it.

So now at my site listed above (in development), there is a Slider in a Page showing through Builder. And the Page has the Slider as well as a DIV containing the approximate text of “Meet the Sponsors”
    The ID for the DIV gets controlled by Custom CSS in the Child Theme and it actually moves with the Slider on all screen sizes.

#meetsponsors {
    position: relative;
    text-align: center;
    top: -77px;
    right: 0px;
    }

So now I have a “Label” for my Slider that is centered in the control area at the bottom of the Slider.
    I will use this elsewhere for sure.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.