This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Post Grid Slider not working

• Creator
    Topic
    hipsonfire

Hi Jason,

I created 3 custom templates for pages, a while back, all of them include a Post Grid Slider and they stopped working after updating to 3.5.1. I also updated some of the pluggins but can figure out what broke the post grid slider. It shows a white box, with nothing in it.
    Has this happened to anyone else ?
    The pages are inside a membership website.
    So not sure how to show you the problem.
    Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

This would be some kind of javascript error caused by one of your plugins most likely. There’s no reason why updating WordPress to the latest version should break any of the theme’s javascript unless something else is interfering. You just need to go through your plugins and disable them one-by-one until you figure out which one is causing the conflict.

hipsonfire

Thanks, but this is a working web, some plugins can not be deactivated.
    No other way to figure out??
    Thanks

hipsonfire

Found the conflict with “Sharebar” plugin. Any recomendation on what to do?? I know you are really busy and this is not in your scope, but you problably know better how to tackle issues like this 🙂
    Thanks

hipsonfire

Found this and it worked for me.
    This error was coming from line 27 in the /wp-content/plugins/sharebar/js/sharebar.js file, and opening it up I realized a simple null check was needed for a quick fix. Line 27 is now on line 29, with the null check just before it:

return jQuery(sharebar).offset().top;

And changed it to:

if (jQuery(sharebar).offset() != null) return jQuery(sharebar).offset().top;

And sure enough, that did the trick.

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by hipsonfire.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by hipsonfire.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Jason Bobich.
    giuliogrillo

Dear Jason, i might have the same problem but i’m not sure.

here is my page where i want to show post on Video category:
    http://www.nograndinavi.it/wordpress/video/

I can see only 4 posts without any button to navigate other posts on same category: is it because i’ve used post-grid TBshortcode (2rows 2 columns) instead of post-grid-slider?
    Sorry if it is an obvious question but i thought i could choice the first (post-grid) to escape java effects and get normal buttons to see all the post-grid items

thank you for support
    Giulio

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

@giuliogrillo Your post grid slider is working for me. Did you fix the issue? If not, what web browser are you getting the issue in?

giuliogrillo

Dear Jason, sorry to be back so late on this thread. It was a misunderstanding, i thought i could get more items and arrows to navigate posts just adding a post-grid. The page you are referring has a post-grid-slider.

So (correct me if i’m wrong), if i add into a post a “post-grid” shortcode (using TB button) i will get only those posts that fits arrows and columns (i.e.: 3 arrows, 3 rows= 9 posts).

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yes, this is correct. If you want any kind of “paginated” post grid, you’d need to use the “Post Grid” page template or a “Post Grid (paginated)” element in a custom layout. — Checkout the videos series in your documentation called “the classic portfolio”

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.