This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

post grid linking to posts without text?

• Creator
    Topic
    caedmon

I first setup my page to use the mini_post_grid because it gave the visual presentation I was looking for, but then found the images don’t link to their respective articles. So I switched to the post_grid shortcode which links, but also displays title and text.

What I really want to do is:

1st Choice: Images only; the images are hyperlinked to their posts.

2nd Choice: Images and titles only; titles linked to their posts.

Is it possible to do the above with either of the shortcodes or some other feature of the Alyeska theme? If not (I know this next question falls outside your support), do you happen to know off hand of a plugin that will?

Thank you,
    Caedmon

site in question: http://godwillprovide.org
    “Recent Posts” section in the left column is currently using mini_post_grid

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Caedmon,

On your theme options page, there are actually some options you can configure that determine how post grids show throughout your entire website that it sounds like you may not have seen. You can find these here:

Appearance > Theme Options > Content > Post Grids

But anything outside of that would be a customization you’d need to make to the theme. To make any customizations, make sure you install a child theme. To customize how a post displays in a post grid, you’d copy content-grid.php to your Child theme to edit.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.