This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

post grid instead of post list

• Creator
    Topic
    raffaes
    Participant

#1- sorry scrap the last ? about the plugin…i got the screen back through dealing with PHPMyAdminbut of course i still do not know what the original issue is about(why it crashed site)

#2- i want a post list on the blog page but i keep on getting a post grid. ive tried different variations (using the builder, trying different layouts) but it sticks to being a post grid???
    can you help?
    Raffa

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I have a feeling you’re just misunderstanding how you’re applying certain content to certain pages. On this “blog” page did you by chance set it as your “posts page” under Settings > Readings? If so, then that means anything you do on that page is irrelevant because WordPress is using the theme homepage to display for that page.

So tell me a little more about what you’re actually doing and what you’ve setup and I’m sure can tell you what you’re doing wrong. But right now, you’re not really giving me much.

raffaes
    Participant

havent you gotten it yet …i dont know what im doing…im pretty much winging it:)

but yes in the – theme options – Home page content- custom content
    and for- custom layout – blog (it was set to something else before)
    in my WP settings – i have front page displays static page
    Front page -accueil
    Posts page – blog

Does this look correct to you?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

So, go to Settings > Reading and DO NOT select any page for your “posts page” … I think you will see things more clearly after you adjust that setting and view your “Blog” page again.

raffaes
    Participant

good man! and its even a Sunday!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.