This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Post disappeared

• Creator
    Topic
    schafir
    Participant

Hi Jason, This has happened to me twice now and I am not sure why. It could possibly have something to do with WPML but I am not sure.

I have a Category called Newsletters and my latest newsletter “May 2013 Newletter” was published but has now disappeared. It still shows up on the post grid slider at the bottom of my home page, but when you try to go to it by clicking the title, you get a 404 error.

Also, checking under the categories list, it shows two posts for this category, but only one post comes up when I click to view the posts for that category. I can’t find the post in the trash either and I definetly didn’t completely delete it.

My website is http://www.ilapdx.org

Any help?

I have some other WPML questions, but I’ll post those in a different thread. Thanks!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m honestly not quite sure on this. As I was explaining at the end of my answer on your other topic, I think this is the sort of thing you may want to talk to WPML support about in terms of what is the best way to organize these posts.

schafir
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll contact WPML and see if they can help. Just one question, did the bug that you filed with WPML from another user’s post get resolved?

It seems like it could be related to my problem.

Thanks for the answer to this and the previous question.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Oh, you’re talking about in the admin panel? If so, I didn’t understand that’s what you meant. It should be resolved, as far as I know. Can you tell me what version of WPML and Theme Blvd WPML Bridge plugin you’re using? If you disable WPML Bridge, does the problem go away?

schafir
    Participant

Jason, I am using WPML version 2.8.1 and Theme Blvd WPML Bridge version 1.1.3.

At the moment, I cannot deactivate the WPML Bridge plugin! When I try ti deactivate, I get to the “Why do you want to deactivate this plugin screen and no matter what I click on, the little wheel just keeps on spinning. If I click on “No problem to report” it takes me to this page http://ilapdx.org/wp-admin/undefined which gives me a 404 error.

I tried to reinstall the plugin and then deactivate but no go. Can I just delete the plugin files?
    Something tells me all this might be related.

schafir
    Participant

I forgot. the post doesn’t show up in the admin or on the front-end except for the featured image and title on the post-slider on the home page.

schafir
    Participant

Jason, an update. If I deactivate all WPML plugins the lost newsletter post returns to the post list in admin.

I cannot see if it shows up on the front end because I cannot deactivate the WPML Bridge plugin and it flags an error on line 246 without the WPML plugins activated when trying to load the homepage.

I have no idea why I cannot deactivate the WPML Bridge plugin, but in my naive view, this problem seems related to the bug you previously filed with WPML.

I’m happy to provide you admin rights to the site if you want to look at it.

Thanks.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

From what you’re describing this sounds like an isolated case unique to your site, but sure send over the login details and I’ll take a look a little later.

You can send through My Account > Submit private info

schafir
    Participant

Thanks Jason. After reading through the FAQ in WPML, a complete reset of WPML fixed the missing post problem. Somehow, sometimes, posts don’t get assigned to any language.

For some reason, I still can’t deactivate the WPML Bridge plugin, so let me know if you want to look at that and I’ll create and send login info to you.

Thanks for your help.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I have honestly never heard of an issue like that in deactivating a plugin. The plugin itself doesn’t have any hooks whatsoever upon deactivation. I googled the message you said and didn’t see any results? Generally when someone tells me a WP message, googling it will bring tons of results. This suggests there’s something unique about something you’ve done, but who knows?

I’d just FTP in and delete the plugin. Then, just install it again through your WordPress dashboard.

schafir
    Participant

I’ll do that. Thank you very much for your help. Your support rocks.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.