This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Portfolio title and link

• Creator
    Topic
    tinke

Hello,
    I have two questions for Alyeska theme.

1. I use Portfolio – page builder. How do I get to the page title?
    2. When a builder to build a portfolio page, and each portfolio is a link to an external page. Portfolio image link is correct, but the title of the portfolio link goes to post. How can I change the title of the portfolio will also link to an external page, or remove the link?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

1. I use Portfolio – page builder. How do I get to the page title?

When you’re using the Layout Builder, you’re essentially replacing that entire page’s content area with your custom layout; this includes the title and content.

Somewhere in your custom layout, you could add a “Header” element to have some kind of title within your custom layout. However, the formatting you on a standard page will not be identical to this.

2. When a builder to build a portfolio page, and each portfolio is a link to an external page. Portfolio image link is correct, but the title of the portfolio link goes to post. How can I change the title of the portfolio will also link to an external page, or remove the link?

For any customizations you want to make to how posts are displayed in a grid, you’ll want to copy content-grid.php to your Child theme and make your edits there. This is a simple file that just contains the HTML markup and WordPress template tags to determine how each post displays in the grid.

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/editable-content-files/

The external link field form your post is saved to the meta data key “_tb_external_link” if you want to retrieve it. For example —

<h2 class="entry-title">
    	<a href="<?php echo get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_tb_external_link', true ); ?>">
    		<?php the_title(); ?>
    	</a>
    </h2>

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_post_meta

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.