This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Portfolio Scroll Arrows Not Working Again After WordPress Update

• Creator
    Topic

Hey guys – I updated to the latest version of WordPress and now the Portfolio scroll arrows aren’t working again. Any idea on how I can fix this? This has happened before so I’m assuming this is the issue. I had to update to the latest version of your theme in December when it happened for the fix.

http://www.thirstypalette.com

Thanks.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I don’t know that your answer is going to be quite that simple this time. I’m a little unsure if we’re talking about the same site as before, or if this is a new site.

What version of WordPress did you update from? Because if you’re updating from WP 3.5.0 to 3.5.1, nothing has changed in terms of anything that would directly effect the theme’s javascript. In WordPress 3.5, they implemented a new version of jQuery, which was the issue; this has all been fixed, though.

Your issue isn’t something that I can reproduce on my end, and haven’t had anyone else report anything with WP 3.5.1 being out quite a long time. So that means there’s most likely something unique about your setup. Have you gone through and deactivated all plugins that incorporate javascript?

If you’re updating from WP 3.5.0, then it’s not really practical to think that this update has caused the issue, but instead you’d maybe want to look towards plugins you’ve installed recently. However if you’re updating from prior to WP 3.5, then it’s plausible to think that one of your many other plugins could have some sort of conflict with the updated version, which will make it much more challenging to find what conflicts with the theme.

Here’s the live demo running WP 3.5.1 and jQuery 1.8.3 (default included with WP core, same as your site): http://www.themeblvd.com/demo/arcadian/

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘The Arcadian Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.