This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Photo Captions

• Creator
    Topic
    twk886

Hey, Jason. I’ve been having a problem with photo captions – I think it happened after the WordPress 3.4 update.

The way captions are written in the code isn’t working (notice the caption is at the end):

[caption id="attachment_3750" align="alignright" width="300"] Lamprey Leech Streamer[/caption]

But if I rewrite the code this way, it does (notice the caption= code on line 1):

[caption id="attachment_3750" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Lamprey Leech Streamer"][/caption]

However, every time I make changes and save the post, it reverts back to the non-working code and I have to change it again.

Here’s an example post: http://www.current-works.com/uncategorized/test-post/

The first image is written with the caption= code, the second is how WordPress is writing it by default. (Please excuse the slow load times, I really need to move my site off Hostmonster).

I just updated to your latest version, so I know it’s not that. I have made several changes to the theme, but all in a child theme. Maybe something I’ve changed is causing the issue? Could you point me in the right direction on where I can fix this? Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I apologize, but I’m just not sure on that one. The theme doesn’t do anything in regards to captions or modifying these things in any way. Have you tried posting on wordpress.org forums about this? Maybe someone there might have a better idea on that. — The built-in caption shortcode honestly isn’t something I work with a whole lot.

twk886

According to this post in the WordPress Forums, it’s a theme issue, having something to do with the caption shortcode:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-broken-in-new-34-posts#post-2933359

Does that give you enough info to point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m telling you the theme does not do anything with the caption shortcode. But if a theme could do that, so could a plugin. So are using any plugins that could potentially be doing something with captions?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Wait, I don’t understand what’s not working? Or what the problem is? In your link both captions look the same to me?

twk886

Okay, that’s weird. Something changed between this morning and now.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.