This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Password Protected Pages not working

• Creator
    Topic
    deltina
    Participant

I am also checking with my host, but this seems to be a problem for many custom themes as well. The password only works once, then I have to update the page to make it work again. Does Swagger use custom forms? If so, could this be the problem?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

WordPress simply filters this functionality onto the_content, and so there’s nothing in the theme to interfere with this process. I have tested on my end and can verify that all is working as it should.

I’m trying to understand specifically what you’re describing, and it sort of sounds like you’re possibly misunderstanding how this works, just in general, with WordPress?

The password only works once, then I have to update the page to make it work again.

So the user loads the page the first time, and inputs the password. Now, they have access to the page’s content. When this happens, WordPress puts a cookie in that user’s browser history. This way, that user’s access to the page remains. So yes, in this case, if the same user were to reload the page, they would continue to have access. It wouldn’t really make sense for the same user to keep having to input the password.

This is the same as any basic login functionality. For example, when you login to your WordPress admin, a cookie gets stored, which then allows you to continue navigating around your WordPress admin. If there was no cookie, you’d have to keep inputting your password on every page load.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.