This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Paragraph Spacing

• Creator
    Topic
    bdm55
    Participant

Hi ..

When using the visual editor on a Page .. I notice that often the spacing on the editor does not always match when the page is updated.

I’m not that well versed with the code but how can I add spacing between sentences or paragraphs through the text editor instead of the visual editor? In Html is is simply the tag … is there something like this for Css?

Thanks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m not really sure how to address what you’re describing without seeing a specific example. Maybe if you could provide some kind of link, I can have a better idea of what you’re doing in a specific scenario?

But just in general the WordPress issues and wpautop (the automatic paragraph tags and breaks) can be a bit finicky and a lot of people have issues with it. When using the visual editor you really need to be aware of the spacing you’re putting in between things and keep it consistant. I’m not very good at explaining this in words, so I’ll try to show you how WordPress’s TinyMCE editor should be working.

1) When you do this in the Visual Editor:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam.

It should produce this on your site:

<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam.</p>

<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam.</p>

2) And when you do this:

Here is a 
    line break.

It should produce this on your site:

Here is a <br />line break.

Also, if you’re the type of person that is comfortable with basic HTML and likes to use the “Text” tab (formally called “HTML” in WP editor), you will find that switching back and forth often will cause spacing issues. So it’s best to just always use one or the other. If you like the visual editor, try to stick to using it only. And if you like using the Text editor, consider just switching it off under your User Profile settings and avoiding ever using the Visual Editor. — Often this is not solution if you have a client that manages their content so what you do with your WP pages and posts can be a bit restrictive if you want to keep everything looking nice in the long run.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.