This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Pagination on Custom Home Page Layout

• Creator
    Topic
    pippin

Hey Jason,

I believe this was reported elsewhere (or you mentioned it to me one time), but there is an issue with pagination when using a custom layout for the front page. I’m using the paginated Post List element, and the pagination shows correctly, but the links don’t work. When clicking to an inner page, the home page simply reloads without any page query args added. So instead of getting

http://pippinsplugins.com/page/2

I get

http://pippinsplugins.com

when clicking to page 2 or any other inner page.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hey Pippin,

If you’re using any kind of paginated element in a custom layout, you want to make sure and use the second method of applying the custom layout to your homepage.

1. Go to Settings > Reading > Frontpage displays and select “your latest posts.”
    2. Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Content > Homepage and select your custom layout there.

From what I know, WordPress has odd issues when you try and paginate anything from a static frontpage. I’ve never had much luck with it in general without little hacks and what not, but have never found a solution that works for everyone.

pippin

Ah! I completely forgot that option was there 🙂 Works nearly perfectly. It appears that both “numberposts” and “posts_per_page” parameters are over written with this setup. Have you seen that?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Pippin, I would love to have a little pow-wow or something about this. It has absolutely stumped me. Since WP 3.5, this has been happening on many people’s servers for any instance of paginated elements in the theme where I use query_posts, whether there is a wp_reset_query() after query_posts or not. Weird thing is if you have some sort of widget or whatever that uses the deprecated “showposts” it will override and work.

pippin

Sure, hit me up on Skype and I’ll see if I can help you work through it, or point me to an issue on Github.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.