This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Pages/Posts/Post Grid Titles

• Creator
    Topic
    sharonq
    Participant

I’d like to make some changes to how the Page an Post titles work and have tried to do this on my own via CSS but it just keeps getting more and more messed up.

The Tiles of my Pages and my Posts look different – the pages are formatting as h1 and the posts as h1 a
    Since the tile of the post is simply linking to itself I don’t see a need for the link and would prefer to get rid of it so that
    my page and post titles will match.

Is there info in the developer docs that will tell me how to do this?
    Is this something I need to change via php? which file? what change?

Stumped!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Since the tile of the post is simply linking to itself I don’t see a need for the link and would prefer to get rid of it so that

The content of single posts is controlled with content.php. So, you’d simply copy the file to your Child theme and make any changes you like there. In your case, you’d just remove the anchor tag from around the title.

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/editable-content-files/

Then, from there you’ll have your CSS changes.

sharonq
    Participant

Thanks Jason – that is what I needed to know. JS is great – the further I go with it the more opportunities I have to learn. The biggest challenge is that I don’t know what I don’t know so the dev docs don’t make a lot of sense to start with but as I learn more I will be able to start using them.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by sharonq.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Jason Bobich.
    sharonq
    Participant

That worked perfectly – my first child theme php!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.