This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Pages to posts

• Creator
    Topic
    nigdowser
    Participant

I’m using (or hoping to) PTypeConverter to change my pages (lots of them) to posts….due to a complete re-design.

Are you aware of any challenges this might cause. I tried one conversion and it came up with a long error message beginning with ‘Catchable error…’ I can post the whole message here if necessary, but just wanted to check in in general terms about the possibility for screwing things up…

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’ve honestly not played with any tools for doing this or had to perform such a process; so unfortunately I can’t really give you any general tips on that.

nigdowser
    Participant

OK, so I tried again and this is the error message:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/blah/blah/wp-content/themes/akita/framework/frontend/functions/parts.php on line 202

Is there anything in this which might help me avoid this issue or should I just avoid using this plugin?

Thanks

nigdowser
    Participant

Also, the pTypeConverter offers the option to convert to ‘optionsframework’. Might that overcome the issue??

Thank you

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m sorry but I don’t really have an answer for you. As far as the optionsframework post type, you don’t need to do anything with that. It’s just for managing media when inserting them into options; it’s pretty irrelevant.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.