This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Page Max Width

• Creator
    Topic
    rbassett

I see this theme and others assume a max page width of 1024px Stats vary, but roughly more than 75% of monitors in use are at least 1280px wide. Questions:

1) Is there any plans to allow Akita (or any other theme/framework) to adapt to wider screen – i.e. assume page max width of 1280px?

2) Is there any way a user of your system could do this (in a child theme), with minimal fear of pain?

Thanks,
    Randy

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

1) No, apologies, but this isn’t something that I want to change with Akita.

2) It would mainly just be a simple CSS customization you’d need to make.

#container { width: 1280px; }

The only real big drawback to doing this is going then be that your images are not large enough in many areas. This will help you with that: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-blvd-image-sizes/

=======

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

Also, here’s a helpful tutorial on how to use Firebug – http://vimeo.com/20917974. The only thing I’d suggest not doing is actually making edits to the theme’s CSS files, as it shows at the end of that video. However, the video serves as a good introduction to Firebug and how it can be used to find what CSS is effecting certain areas of your site without ever digging around in any files.

rbassett

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reponse. I will experiment with changing the default width, but I am not going to battle over it!!!

Thanks also for the “firebug” info. Especially when using someone else’s work (like themes), it can be challenging to find what CSS entries we’re trying to override.

Regards,
    Randy

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.