This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Overriding WPFront User Role Editor Personal Pro

• Creator
    Topic
    Olle Ljungdahl
    Participant

I use the plugin called “WPFront User Role Editor Personal Pro” and rely quite heavily on it.

But when I made test with JumpStart 2 the menu settings for roles are gone.

This link tries to explain why.

Is there a chans that the problem can be fixed in a future release or can it be easily fixed in my child theme?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Just from reading the article, I think you’d basically need to just disable our theme framework’s menu options. This is something that’s not too difficult from your child theme. The only drawback is that you’d be disabling the ability to use our mega menu features. But if that’s not something you care about, then it sounds like that would be the way to go.

function my_global_config( $config ) {
        $config['admin']['menus'] = false;
        return $config;
    }
    add_filter('themeblvd_global_config', 'my_global_config');

Alternatively, depending how complex the menu item swapping is you’re doing with this plugin, there are also other theoretical approaches to displaying different nav menus you could do without using the plugin at all.

Every time the main menu is called the location is filtered with “themeblvd_primary_menu_location”. — So you could register new nav menu locations. Then build and assign complete custom menus to those locations in your WP admin menu builder. Then in your function filtering “themeblvd_primary_menu_location” you’d just use basic WordPress role logic to determine which menu location you return.

Olle Ljungdahl
    Participant

Thank you, it worked well and I do not need the mega menus.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.