This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Opening links in a new window

• Creator
    Topic
    peterdwdc
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m near finishing a new Akita site for a client (great theme and vids btw) and need to link some nav items to an existing mini site (non wp) which will open in a new tab or window. This will apply to the main nav and also some widgetised menus. I’ve tried adding target=”_blank” and containing in , but with no success.

I appreciate there are plug-ins for this function – would this be the way to go, and if so any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
    I

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

So, you mean that you just want to be able to specify under Appearance > Menus that certain items open up in a new window? — Here’s how you’d do that:

Click to enlarge

Note: Just for future reference, this doesn’t have anything to do with the WordPress theme you’re using. It’s just something you can do in general with any WP menu.

Let me know if I’m misunderstanding what you’re asking.

peterdwdc
    Participant

Thanks Jason, that was what I was looking for – much appreciated, and apologies for asking a ‘basic’ question. I’m used to building css sites, but am a newbie with WP – learning fast though! 🙂

Thanks again.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.