This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Open Source Jump Start Child Theme collaboration project

• Creator
    Topic
    srumery
    Participant

I am starting a collaboration project to get developers and designers that are using Jump Start to work together and build a child theme. The idea is to create something great that we can use personally and re-use code snippets and functions on our professional projects. This theme will not be sold and it will be made available for anyone what would like to use it. This is a personal project and it is not affiliated with ThemeBlvd.

We’ll be building a “Post Format tumblelog style Jump Start child theme” similar to Twenty Thirteen.

If you are a designer or developer using the Jump Start framework and want to contribute to the child theme, please visit the GitHub project repository, Luna Blue, for further details.

So far, it’s just a fork of the Stretch starter child theme with post formats enabled. You’ll see more detail on the Wiki Pages including Project Goals, Next Steps, Task List and Feature List.

If you are interested, please leave a comment or connect on GitHub and let’s build something great. Who’s in?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    david-wpck
    Participant

@srumery, very cool!
    I have something similar in a private repository in bitbucket, but just haven’t gotten around to putting it on github yet.
    I’ll read through your objectives/goals, and If they are inline with my ideas perhaps I’ll just contribute instead, or even both.
    JStart is such a great framework, and I think this will continue to grow.

srumery
    Participant

@david-wpck, nice to hear from you. I think it’ll be fun to work on and we’ll have something we can all use when we’re done. Jump Start is awesome and I am looking forward to collaborating with others that use it. I’m sure we’ll all level up our skills up because of it.

Onward!

iphoenix
    Participant

Very neat, I was going to do something similar with this puppy set of options, but you can pick it apart and integrate if it helps at all:

https://github.com/ibuilder/jumpstart-options

mizzinc
    Participant

Great idea which could possibly lead to other future development(s).
    I will endeavor to participate when I can.

srumery
    Participant

That’s awesome, @iphoenix. Thank you for making your options available. I’ll review and see how they fit into the child theme we are building. Are you open to taking on a few development tasks?

srumery
    Participant

@mizzinc, have you had a chance to review the task list? Would you prefer working on development, or design?

We’re open to ideas as well. Please let us know what you would like to see released.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.