This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Only One Post Displaying At A Time

• Creator
    Topic
    tmws
    Participant

Hi Jason. I hope life is good wherever you are. 🙂

I have had this problem for a long time and just figured that I made some kind of mistake, long story, but when I first uploaded theme, I had lots of weird line errors on blog page. I thought there was a conflict with a new plugin, which I disabled. From that time forward, my blog page (assigned in settings) will only display one post from the blog (the most recent). So I figured that I had just screwed something up and decided to assign all posts to a category, put that category in the menu, and label the category “blog.” But fast forward that is causing it’s own set of problems.

So my question is whether you have any idea whether my blog would only display one post at a time? I have this page assigned in settings and in your theme options, I have chosen only to “show excerpt.” I can’t figure this out and scratching my head. Would appreciate any thoughts/ideas. Thank you! 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Can I see a link to the frontend of your site so I can see exactly what’s being displayed in your blog and how you’ve set that up?

tmws
    Participant

Well the front end doesn’t really tell the story because I have labeled (in the menu) “tech blog,” but really that is just a category (I created a category called “tech blog”–and put everything into that category). But that is causing other problems. The front end is: airconditionerorlando.com. Have you seen any blog errors before like this? Thanks very much.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

There shouldn’t be any errors in your blog and if you’ve setup everything correctly, it should be displaying all of your posts. I’ve honestly never had anyone tell me this on any theme I don’t think. So I don’t have any general tips about what it could be and that most likely means it corresponds to something you’re specifically doing.

What errors are you getting? What exactly does setting up a “blog” mean in terms of what you’re doing? What steps have you taken to set this up? — These are things I can usually tell by looking at your site, which is why I usually just ask for a link first before asking follow up questions that further confuse the situation.

So I need to see what errors you’re getting and how you’ve setup your site. When I say to provide a link to the frontend of the site, what I mean is to say is to show me a link to the specific issue. So reproduce the problem you’re having, let me check it out, and we’ll go from there.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.