This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Number of posts in post grid

• Creator
    Topic
    odyn
    Participant

I can’t seem to find, where I can set the number of shown posts in a post grid. Whatever I do it only shows 5 posts. My query is:

[post_grid columns=”1″ rows=”20″ query=”post_status=future&cat=8&orderby=post_date&order=ASC&offset=0″]

in the Settings/reading I have set to show 40 posts on blog pages. Is there another place where I should increase the number of posts?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Since you’re using a custom query, you’re taking the query into your hands. So, you need to account for the fact that WordPress’s get_posts is going to grab 5 posts unless you specify otherwise.

In your query string you’d add posts_per_page=-1 or numberposts=-1. A “-1” means to pull all posts. Otherwise, you can specify a certain number.

odyn
    Participant

Worked like a charm. Thank you!

odyn
    Participant

Hm, the same query now works on one page but not on the other.
    When I use the new post grid plugin, and write
    post_status=future&cat=5
    under custom query, I get
    [post_grid columns=”2″ rows=”20″ query=”post_status=future&cat=5″]
    as a shortcode in the text editor.
    Neither
    nor
    seem to work. Only the first argument is registred, but the second (following the &) not.

Using Slovenian wordpress 3.9, plugins and theme updated to the latest version, also have Show Future Posts on Single Post activated.
    Any idea?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In your query, instead of using & try using &.

[post_grid columns="2" rows="20" query="post_status=future&cat=5"]
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.