This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

How to disable related videos on YouTube videos in sliders

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster
    joejacobson

Thanks, I’ll give this a try.

joejacobson

I just tried this plugin, but apparently, it doesn’t work now with youtube. See below comments from plugin page:
    —————————————————————————

3.5 isn’t the issue… the plugin simply doesn’t work, because Youtube changed their system.

You need to replace the ampersands with question marks and remove “?feature=oembed” entirely. I’m not sure if there’s a downside to doing this… all I know is that it works.

Here’s the bad code on line 33:
    return str_replace(‘&feature=oembed’, ‘&feature=oembed&rel=0’, $data);

And here’s what it should be:
    return str_replace(‘?feature=oembed’, ‘?rel=0’, $data);

However, if you’re like me and use other embeds, like Flickr, you’ll want to make this adjustment for Youtube embeds only. So here’s what I changed line 33 to:
    $data = preg_replace(‘/(youtube.com.*)(?feature=oembed)(.*)/’, ‘$1?rel=0$3’, $data);
    return $data;

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Keep in mind that none of this has anything to do with the theme. We’re just talking about filtering how WordPress inserts YouTube videos. Give the instructions a try. Seems pretty straight forward.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster
    joejacobson

Thanks for tweeting the author.

slatronica
    Participant

It looks like the plugin has been updated as I just installed and it worked without any modifications. Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.