This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

New methods for post format support?

• Creator
    Topic
    Israel Curtis
    Participant

So I was beginning to dig into post formats with jumpstart, and noticed that when I switched to “gallery” format, it broke the tiled galleries that I was using with jetpack, making me think something was attempting to utilize the formats.

I found this documentation http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/incorporating-post-formats/ which says that I would need to create the template files and hooks to handle post formats, but it seems that the latest jumpstart beta is already handling post format cases out of the box, as seen in /framework/includes/post-formats.php — no template files needed.

Now I see you’re filtering the content by default in /framework/themeblvd.php

So I’m assuming in order to take control of post format output, I’d have to unhook your filters first? Any new documentation for this?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah, as you suggested, the article you’re referencing wouldn’t be relevant any more. Post formats are already supported, by default. And there’s really not too much to document, other than I was planning to make a quick video that shows users how best to utilize each format.

Basically the gist is just that you put the relevant item at the top of each format post’s content. — A [gallery] at the top of a gallery post, a quote at the top of a quote post, a link at the top of a link post, a video at the top of a video post, etc.

If you’re looking to see how the theme is supposed to work by default, I’d suggest playing around and disabling all of your plugins, especially ones like jetpack, which is going to do all kinds of stuff.

In regards to a gallery post, your content would look something like this:

[gallery ids="1,2,3"]

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam.

… And the theme is going to filter that first [gallery] out of the content, and then display the images from the gallery in a slider up above the content.

So there’s two things happening.

1) The [gallery] is being stripped out from the filter you found on the_content.
    2) The images ID’s from the gallery are being outputted as a slider (see /content.php of the theme).

Those would be the two items you’d have to address, if you wanted to remove this functionality.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.