This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Need help getting my posts to appear on the post grid for portfolio layout

• Creator
    Topic
    lainenickl
    Participant

I added posts with images but they do not appear on the post grid for my portfolio homepage. And when I installed the portfolio feature and added one, but I don’t see how I can add this to a page? I’m using this strictly for a portfolio, not a blog – so I’m using the portfolio layout provided by the theme. I can’t find anywhere how to get it to work though – how to add images using the posts or portfolio. If there’s already a tutorial on this that would be great – or any help please!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can add a post grid in the following ways:

1) [post_grid] shortcode

2) Post Grid element of the layout builder

3) Post grid page template for a static page

All three of these items are discussed on the video series in your documentation called Classic Portfolio. Let me know if you can’t find it.

lainenickl
    Participant

I can’t find the video series with my downloads for the theme – is it elsewhere? I’m sure that would be a big help. Thanks!

lainenickl
    Participant

Found it with a file search – thank you!

lainenickl
    Participant

I was trying to activate the correct plugins however I received an error message for each saying my theme (Akita) does not have the correct framework or something similar. Now all I get even when I try to just go to my site outside of dashboard is this error message –
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare themeblvd_get_sidebar_id() (previously declared in /home/content/37/10113937/html/wp-content/themes/akita/framework/api/sidebars.php:340) in /home/content/37/10113937/html/wp-content/plugins/theme-blvd-widget-areas/includes/general.php on line 176
    It seems to be a problem with the theme and not WordPress, which is why I’m contacting you, although I could be wrong.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

It sounds like you’re mixing new plugins and an old version of the theme. Go to your account at ThemeForest.net, download the latest version of the theme, and upload that to your site.

lainenickl
    Participant

When I try to login to my site all I get is that error message – http://pennylainecreative.com/wp-login.php
    Maybe that’s something I need someone with wordpress to help with? I wasn’t sure because the error message seem to be due to the Theme Blvd theme. At this point all I get is that error message so I cannot login to download the new version to correct the problem. It seems odd to me that your theme would cause my site and login to completely error. Has this happened before? I’ve never had issues with other themes.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You’re trying to put things together that don’t go together. You’ve taken an older version of the theme and paired it with plugins that say they’re not compatible. But don’t worry, just get everything updated and you’ll be good to go.

To start, FTP into your site (or however you access files on your server) and delete the following “theme-blvd-widget-areas” directory:

/wp-content/plugins/theme-blvd-widget-areas/

That’ll get everything back in your WP admin. Then, you can go from there deleting the theme and uploading the latest version.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.