This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Navigation Pin To Top

• Creator
    Topic
    $uper Mario
    Participant

Can we Pin the Navigation to the top of the page like one:

http://www.belayonadvisors.com/

Is it already built in, or on the agenda to get built in if I’m overlooking where to do it?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no feature for this in the theme so you won’t be able to do this exactly through any kind of user options. Instead of this, we have a framework-wide sticky header that gets generated separate from the actual header itself. This allows there to be a standard way of implementing a standard user experience on your website with what a standard sticky header/menu, but do it in a way that doesn’t affect the design of the actual site header, itself. This way, there can be more freedom and options are the header design for different theme bases.

$uper Mario
    Participant

Thanks for your response Jason. That makes sense for the theme bases.

Are there any plans to add this functionality in the foreseeable future?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

No, there is currently no plan to add this, as I’m trying to make things consistent throughout.

$uper Mario
    Participant

Great goal – the framework is awesome, love what you did with 2.0 🙂 — are you planning on keeping this for at least 2-3yrs before another big release?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m not really sure what will come in the future or when there will be another big release. But I can tell you my whole idea for “theme bases” centered around longevety over time for Jump Start, and keeping the product around.

In other words, in the future when I feel design trends have changed or there’s some new design thing that’s popular, I can create an additional theme base, opposed to doing what I did when I moved 2.0. For example, I feel things have already changed a little in the last 8 months. So in 2.1 you’ll see a new theme base, opposed to me blowing up say the entrepreneur base (which has same basic structure) and making everyone change their child theme designs.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.