This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

navigation bar css help

• Creator
    Topic
    michell610
    Participant

I am trying to have the active page be a different color, this is what I did in the css:

#primary-menu > li.current_page_item > a {
    	/* Style current active menu item on 1st level */
    	background: #ffffff;
    	color: /*#1a5a78;*/#579cba;

I commented out the default and put in my color choice, it works for all the pages except the home page. What am I missing.
    Thanks in advance,
    Michell

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

The only thing I can think of is however you added a home button to your main menu isn’t allowing WordPress to see it as the current page when on your homepage and add that “current_page_item” class? I’m not really sure what else it could be.

Do you have a live link to the issue?

michell610
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    I don’t have a live site. I created the homepage with the a custom layout and did this:
    “Select the content you’d like to show on your homepage. Note that for this setting to take effect, you must go to Settings > Reading > Frontpage displays, and select “your latest posts.””
    Would that cause WP not to see it as a page? It is not listed on my pages list.
    Thanks in advance,
    Michell

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

It sounds like under Appearance > Menus, you may have added the wrong item. While it’s not technically a “page” WordPress does always give you an item you can add that will always be at the top of your Pages list under Appearance > Menus; this is what you want to add.

michell610
    Participant

Thanks Jason! Worked perfectly as usual!
    Michell

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.