This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Multiple links per slide

• Creator
    Topic
    domknight1
    Participant

Hi,
    I am looking to add 3 buttons to each slide where each goes to 3 different pages. I suspect ‘custom slide’ is the way to go but I can’t find any info on what to put in there. When I try adding a simple table to position the buttons, it strips it out once saved. I have also tried TB shortcode but that doesn’t work either. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

An alternative solution would be to have the slider across three quarters of the page leaving me to add a widget area with 3 buttons on the top right sidebar if that is possible. I can’t find how to alter the slide size either however.
    Many thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

There’s really not much information for custom slides to share. It will accept any basic, standard HTML. So, to use this will take basic HTML/CSS knowledge is all. Tables are not something we use for non-tabular data typically, and so this is not something on the list of accepted HTML.

If you wanted to setup structured HTML in the slide, you’d have to use more modern methods like floated DIV’s, for example.

But why not use the [button] shortcode a few times in the Description of a Image Slide with the image staged to the right or left? That would probably be the quickest way if you’re not going for any kind of custom look outside of just putting three buttons there. Does that make sense?

domknight1
    Participant

Many thanks Jason, I started out with floating DIVs but got into a bit of a mess. Although nor for this time, I very much like the idea of adding buttons in the description. I’ll persevere with DIVs.
    Many thanks,
    Dom

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.