This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Multiple Category Widgets

• Creator
    Topic
    val

I’m using this theme for a wholesale catalog site and although it is not necessary, it would be handy to be able to set up multiple categories in the left sidebar for each different section of the catalog.

ie., Category one would show all the posts in the category: Size One Shoes

The second category widget would be for: Size Two Shoes, etc.

I have set up both floating and custom widgets, but I can’t drag the category widget into each separate area.

I’ve tried creating a custom menu for each category, but the menu does not allow the option (at least if it does I haven’t found it yet) to display the menu items as a pulldown menu like the category widget does.

As far as I can see, only one category widget can be used in the sidebar at a time.

Because there are so many posts in each category, I would rather separate the categories into sections to be shown as a pulldown menu.

Is it possible to add more than one category widget per sidebar (I’m only using one sidebar) and if so, how?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

There is nothing in WordPress that would prevent you from dragging more than one instance of any widget into a sidebar. So, if this is happening on your admin panel under Appearance > Widgets, it means there is some error with something, maybe a third-party plugin that adds a widget’s options form incorrectly, maybe a browser issue.

Putting that aside, the default WordPress categories widget will not allow you to show anything but simply all categories, anyway. So, that’s not what you want. I would suggest searching around wordpress.org for some plugin you can experiment with like this one: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/extended-categories-widget/

Search all plugins: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.