This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Moving site directory breaks settings

• Creator
    Topic
    drapple
    Participant

When I created the site for my client I created it in a directory below the main site and when it was all approved by the client I move it up to the root level.

I simply copy all files to the root, copy the database to a new database, update the setting in the wp-config.php and then use velvet blues plugin to update the paths.

This enables me to keep the development site active (but hidden using a plugin) for continued updates and testing prior to working on the live site.

The issue I have is when I move the site up some of the theme setting break. They are relatively easy to fix but wanted to let you know.

For example, I just moved a site up and the slides were missing. The slider was there, the slide images were in the media manager, but the slides settings seem to have been forgotten in the move.

This has happened when i’ve moved other themes i’ve purchased here. Sometimes the builder has lost the settings, sometimes the slider.

Regards..

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.