This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Most recent post published in full, older posts in summary

• Creator
    Topic
    sweeney

Anyone know of a way where I could have the most recent post published in full on the front page, but have all previous posts published as summaries only?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

In your custom layout, you’d have to setup two separate post list elements. In the first post list, you’d set it to show one post and for it to show full content. Then, in the second post list, you could put it to show excerpts only and set the “offset” option to 1, so it starts with the second post.

sweeney

Thanks. Would you happen to have the snippet of code that I can copy and paste to achieve this? Or know where I could source it?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m just talking about creating a custom layout in the Builder section for your homepage. Just add two post list elements to your layout and configure them as I described above. No code needed.

sweeney

Ah, ha! Sorry, the penny finally dropped for me. I’ve never used a theme with Builder functionality – having a play around with it now and achieving the desired effect I was after, all I can say is that this theme is amazingly flexible!

Thanks so much!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Awesome, glad you figured it out!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.