This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

missing shadow.png ?

• Creator
    Topic
    mark
    Participant

while creating custom child template, viewing on chrome Javascript console, I keep seeing the error.

wp-content/themes/alyeska/assets/images/shadow.png 404 (Not Found)

I have had a look in this directory and the shadow.png is missing.

Any ideas where I can find this image to fix this issue.

thanks

mark

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m pretty sure this was fixed at some point. What version of Alyeska are you using?

mark
    Participant

is version 2.0.1, there are no updates showing in wordpress updates.

Also seeing in apache error logs missing:

wp-content/themes/alyeska/framework/frontend/assets/images/elements/button-shade.png

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yup, you’re using a version that is about a year and half old. You can see a changelog of dates here on ThemeForest if you scroll to the bottom of the product page:

http://themeforest.net/item/alyeska-responsive-wordpress-theme/164366

Here’s our live changelog of everything that’s changed:

http://themeblvd.com/changelog/?theme=alyeska

You can get the latest version of the theme by going to ThemeForest.net > My Account > Downloads.

However, you’re so far behind, it may be worth it to wait a little while longer. I’m hoping that Alyeska 3.0 will be released sometime around the official release of WordPress 3.6.

mark
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    Thanks again for your support i do appreciate it.

To confirm to update I simply download the files,
    and then copy these over the old theme files yes ?

Will I loose any of my current configuration?

When will v 3.0 be released ? next month ? next 6 months ?
    From quick search on the web it seems that WordPress 3.6 has been delayed, and no one knows when this will be releases. Is there anything significant in the 3.0 release I should wait for ?

How can I also be kept informed of updates ? It is clear these are now not released via the wordpress updates

(sorry lots of queries 🙂
    Many thanks

Mark

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

To confirm to update I simply download the files,
    and then copy these over the old theme files yes ?

Yup, here’s a video on this: https://vimeo.com/41533135

I would suggest not doing this on a live site without any testing. Always make sure you have some sort of staging environment if this a site for a client and you’re updating any theme or a plugin that is important to your site.

Will I loose any of my current configuration?

You shouldn’t lose any configuration settings because this all stored in the database, and not in your theme files.

When will v 3.0 be released ? next month ? next 6 months ?

I don’t have an answer for you on that. I’m doing my best to keep along with WP 3.6’s dev track and get everything finished.

How can I also be kept informed of updates ?

I post all update on Twitter, you’ve got the live changelog (starting with Alyeska v2.1, a link to this was placed at the footer of your Theme Options page), and the changelog with dates at the bottom of the ThemeForest Item Details page.

And I haven’t personally tried it, but Envato, at some point, added a feature to subscribe to be notified when products are updated. ThemeForest.net > My Account > Downloads

It is clear these are now not released via the wordpress updates

And in the next version of Alyeska, there are notifications built into the WP dashboard and updates are feed through via Envato’s API system.

There’s also a plugin that Envato currently provides you can use to stream updates from Envato. My themes are compatible with this. You can download it here: https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit

mark
    Participant

As always thanks Jason.

mark
    Participant

upgraded successfully to the latest theme and no more error.

Thanks

Mark

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.