This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

mini post widgets displaying all posts despite setting it at 3

• Creator
    Topic
    lasry02

The mini post widgets are displaying all posts in the sidebar despite being limited to 3 in the widget settings. This is only happening on Chrome and IE. Firefox is working fine. I am running wordpress 3.5 with swagger theme v1.1.5.

Is there a solution? Am I missing something?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lasry02
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

What else is on the page you’re displaying the widget on? Can I see a specific link to the issue? It doesn’t really make sense that an issue like this would be different in one web browser than another, unless I’m misunderstanding the issue.

lasry02

everythinglakewood.com you’re right, it is now not working on any browser. It shows 6 recent posts and its set to 3 in the widget settings.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

It’s something to do with the actual paginated post list on that page. (Notice how it doesn’t happen when you click through to your single posts and the number of posts in the widget matches the number in the post list.)

I have a feeling this has something to do with a issue that’s been addressed already for the next update. Try adding this to your Child theme’s functions.php —

function my_reset_query(){
    	wp_reset_query();
    }
    add_action( 'themeblvd_element_post_list_paginated_after', 'my_reset_query' );
    add_action( 'themeblvd_element_post_grid_paginated_after', 'my_reset_query' );

Does that solve the issue?

lasry02

Nope, it did not solve the issue.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

If you want to provide a login to your WordPress site, I can check it out.

You can submit the info to me through your “My Account” page here in the forums.

lasry02

I just submitted the info in my account page. Thanks in advance!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Within your widget’s options, I put showposts=3 for the custom query and that fixes the issue for you. I’ll look further into the issue for future updates to the theme.

lasry02

Thanks! can you just tell me what my custom query for category is? I want only 3 post and only from one category? Thanks again for the quick responses!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

If you want use the category’s numerical ID, you’d do it like this:

cat=1&showposts=3

And if you wanted to use the category’s slug, you’d do it like this:

category_name=foo&showposts=3
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.