This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Menu Problems

• Creator
    Topic
    val

Jason: Thanks to your prompt response and excellent information about the header graphic font and size.

I have run into another problem with the menus.

I created a menu (that I want to show in the top bar) and it worked just fine.

However, it was my first attempt and I wanted the items to be in alphabetical order. So I created a new menu and named it ‘top bar menu’ and added the pages I wanted there, and organized them in to alphabetical order.

However, no matter where I look or what I do, that new menu will simply not show up in the top bar when I view the page.

I’ve saved and updated everything I can think of and still can’t see the new menu in the top bar.

What am I doing wrong?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

This should be what ultimately determines if your menu shows in the theme’s Primary Navigation location or not:

Have you assigned your menu to this location under Appearance > Menus?

val

Jason: I can’t find that option anywhere.

I know it was there the first time I used the theme, as I did install the menu on the top bar the first time around. But now I can’t see where the option you are showing above is located. I have clicked on every page of the theme options several times and can’t see where the image you show is located. (Styles, Layout, Content, Configuration)

I posted an image of what I’m seeing on my ‘Appearances/Menu’ screen at:

mobizip . ca / pix / menu . jpg

There’s a bigger image at the same url with menu1 . jpg (I’m not sure how the html works in here, so I hope this makes sense as posted.

There is nothing else on that screen when I scroll up or down.

Note: I’m using this url as a practice site for the actual site I am going to put up once I get things working and looking the way I want.

Val

Val

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Under Appearance > Menus you probably just have it hidden. Trey going to the “Screen Options” tab in the top right corner of the screen and check the box next to “Theme Locations.”

val

That’s it! Thanks Jason. I might have one more question as I finalize my tweaking of the theme, but I’m going to watch your training videos before I ask. I like to figure things out for myself. (But become very frustrated when I can’t.) Your help and prompt relies are much appreciated.

This is without a doubt the nicest theme I have ever worked with!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.