This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Menu Item showing without adding

• Creator
    Topic
    bdm55
    Participant

Hi ..

I created a “test” page to try out something .. and noticed it was showing up in the homepage navigation.

I went to “Menus” .. and it has not been added to the main menu – why would it show up?

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Bill,

In WordPress, a menu is something that you need to build. So, you’ll go to Appearance > Menus, create a menu, and then apply it to the “Primary Navigation” location.

Here’s a video that should help you through this process: https://vimeo.com/16685579

bdm55
    Participant

Hi Jason,

I guess I wasn’t clear. I know how to add a menu item. What was happening is that the menu item was showing up in the navigation …. without .. ever being added. So in other words .. I created a page and it showed in the navigation without me going to “Menus” and adding it. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bill

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

It sounds like maybe you’ve setup a menu, but you haven’t actually applied it.

If you haven’t assigned a specific menu to the “Primary Navigation” location under Appearance > Menus, the theme is going to just be listing out all of your pages in the main navigation as a fallback.

This is how “Theme Locations” work with WordPress menus. You need to go to Appearance > Menus, create a menu, and then the final step is to assign that menu you created to the appropriate location. Does that make sense?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.