This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Menu issues

• Creator
    Topic
    beckysharp
    Participant

I’ve got a fair number of menu items, which I had been able to add fine, but suddenly the menu broke and limited the number of entries to 90. That happened when I was updating it.

I’ve looked into WP forums who were talking about it being a server issue, but when I switched to Twenty Eleven the menus were working so I don’t think that’s it.

Any suggestions what might be wrong? The site’s here http://puppyfinder.org.uk/wpnew/

Apart from Yoast I don’t currently have any active plug-ins.

Many thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Apologies, Becky, but I really don’t have any good answer for you, I’m afraid.

Do you mean that you can’t save the menu items under Appearance > Menus? Or you can’t display them properly on the frontend of your site? The former wouldn’t have anything to do with the theme other than possibly too many server resources running at one time when trying to save so many menu items? — This seems unlikely though if you’ve narrowed it down to it happening at exactly 90 items every time. Theoretically if this were the case, it seems like it would happen sort of sporadically.

But any WordPress theme shouldn’t effect the actual saving of menus in any way. The theme registers the menu locations, but doesn’t effect anything actually happening on that page of your WP admin.

beckysharp
    Participant

Thanks for looking Jason. That makes sense to me, and what I thought. Probably not a bad thing for loading times to force me to think again 🙂

beckysharp
    Participant

Just an update on this one. It’s a server issue and the php.ini file needs the max variables increased. In my case I’ve increased from 1000 to 2000 and it’s fine. The details are here at Stackexchange http://goo.gl/LkOYy

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.