This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Menu Background blue and fonts incorrect

• Creator
    Topic
    tlsfrankfurt

We updated to WordPress 4.2, and now we are having trouble with the menu. (Wrong color?!) And the google fonts aren’t showing up correctly either. We’ve lost customizations, too, unfortunately but these problems are standard features with the Arcadian theme. Need help asap please.

http://www.tlsfrankfurt.com

Thank you!
    Abigail Paul

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Abigail,

I posted a v2.0.9 update to the theme on the day WordPress 4.2 came out, which fixes these incompatibilities with it. Go ahead and get yourself up-to-date with the theme, and let me know if you’re still having any issues.

http://themeblvd.com/changelog/?theme=arcadian

http://support.themeblvd.com/docs/theme-updates/#themeforest

It looks like you’ve got v2.0.3. So, the in-dashboard update system should be working properly with your version.

tlsfrankfurt

Hi Jason, thanks for the quick response. I am working on an ftp update, but need to sort out some technical things with my server first. For some reason I didn’t get an update for Arcadian when I updated via the WP Dashboard… (I also have Alyeska, and that updated). Any tips?

tlsfrankfurt

BTW, all is back to normal with our site and solved, as we updated through ftp. Just curious if I have missed something on the automatic updating via Envato. If not, then we don’t need anything else, thanks.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Is it possible you don’t have the correct username and API key saved at Appearance > Updates? Make sure and verify that you’ve input that info and it’s correct.

There’s also another possibility — At one point a year or so ago, there was some confusion where we changed the “author” value of the theme’s style.css. And this new author value in Envato’s servers not matching the one in the current theme you have, broke up the update system. Once I figured out this weird issue, I changed it. But there was about a 48-hour period where the available download at ThemeForest had this incorrect author value.

… Any way, long story short, it’s possible you got this version with the incorrect author value that was only up for a short period of time. Hopefully, it should work now moving forward.

If you wanted to test, there’s a fairly easy way to do this.

1. Go to Appearance > Editor, and change the version number in style.css of the arcadian theme to something lower.

2. Go to Appearance > Updates, and re-save the options page (this clears the WordPress theme update-checking cache).

3. Go to Appearance > Themes, and hopefully it should show you there’s an update.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘The Arcadian Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.