This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

Menu and Slider show vertical navigation on IE8/IE9

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Something you’ve done to your site is pushing IE7 standards mode. So with any version of IE your site it’s showing as IE7. Do you have any idea how you may have done this? Have you made any modifications?

ouangdrak78

Hi,
    I’ve only made changes on the CSS but nothing important.
    I’ve installed Contact Form 7 that’s all.
    I send you a user so you can take a look.
    Thanks.

ouangdrak78

Could you just let me an email address so I can send you the ID and PWD.
    Thanks.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Have you made any edits to header.php? I noticed you have some code for a favicon in your head, how is that being put there?

Go to My Account > Submit private info here on the support forum to send me the login info. Let me know here when you’ve done this.

I guess the way IE works is if it sees something “old” in your markup, it will try to guess what IE version it should be using. I’ve never personally ran into this on a site, so I’m learning about it now. But if we can’t figure out the cause, there is a tag we can put in your head that will just force IE to use the latest version… all kind of ridiculous, I know.

ouangdrak78

I’ve removed the icon link for the favicon but things are still going the same way.
    I’ve tried this :

and this :

with no success… 😉

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

What did you try with no success? You can put code in the forums by putting it in < pre > tags.

Try putting this at the top of your <head>

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">

http://webdesign.about.com/od/metataglibraries/p/x-ua-compatible-meta-tag.htm

ouangdrak78

Fixed !
    That was the code I’ve tried with no success…
    I’ve placed it just after the openning head tag and it works nicely. Perfect !
    Many Thanks 🙂
    Anthony

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘The Arcadian Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.