This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Menu acting strange in IE8

• Creator
    Topic
    oest
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    Top menu is acting strange in IE8. When rolling over parent level menu and then doing a rollout to its children (sub menu) it appears transparent and loses its bg color. The bg comes back again when you rollover the top level button again.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Apologies but I’m honestly not sure what to tell you on this one either. Everything’s looking fine on my end, same as the breadcrumbs issue. Are you sure you’re in IE8? And you don’t have it’s compatibility mode on or anything?

oest
    Participant

No, I don’t think I have compatibility mode on. I am using IE8 behind a government MOE version of IE8 so that is the only thing that I can think of which may be effecting this website display.

JUST EDITED: Yeah it was the MOE setup (*&^%#s) they have setup all sites on our eq.edu.au server to be put on compatibility mode. I didn’t even have the button in my IE menu toolbar. I had to dig around the options until I found it! As most of the users for this site will be school users I reckon that I’m going to have to make a video tute in captivate about how to switch of compatibility mode – I mean what is it’s use anyway?? Just to piss everyone off???

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.