This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Make Alyeska responsive

• Creator
    Topic
    jay heck

I bought Alyeska in 2011 and returned to ask how to make it responsive. Please help.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jay heck

Oh, and When I bought it, the theme was called Premium…not Responsive.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

You need to get the latest version from your ThemeForest downloads page. Keep in mind this was a huge update and the theme was completely re-done. Here’s all the information on this update:

http://www.jasonbobich.com/theme-forest-updates/some-big-updates-to-my-themes-and-some-common-questions-answered/

jay heck

Thank you. I really like your themes. Alyeska’s been great.

jay heck

So…I read through all your “update” information, which seems thorough. However, being a newbie to all this, I still need to ask the question “Is there a way to keep all my posts, pages and media library intact for the new install?” I don’t have any portfolios, but I don’t want to lose all my stuff. What will I lose?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

The things I talk about in the article are the only things specific to the theme you have to worry about. In WordPress, your pages, posts, media, etc, are all things that don’t have anything to do with the theme. When you switch to any other theme, all of these items will remain. So you should be good to go there.

The only thing to note here on this subject would be that the new version has a completely new set of shortcodes. So, if you’re using any shortcodes from the old version of the theme within your various pages of your site, you’ll want to revisit those after updating.

jay heck

I have added no short code whatsoever to this older version of Alyeska. What I’ve been using is straight out of your box, with the addition of my posts and pictures. So… in this case, you’re suggesting no major renovations should be necessary? Thanks so much for you personal service. Stuff like this can be a nightmare for those of us who are not so savvy. I will always look to your websites first because you respond to support needs. Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

So… in this case, you’re suggesting no major renovations should be necessary?

Yeah, it’s not as if you’re going to update the theme and you’re going to lose any pages and posts, although it’s possible formatting of certain HTML elements or whatever you may be using inside of your pages and post may not come out looking exactly the same or perfect.

You will need to re-set up your homepage with new the new layout builder setup, which is all covered in the video tutorials. You’ll need to put your widgets back in the correct widget areas. But that’s really all you’re going to need to do.

jay heck

THANKS JASON.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.