This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Lost Layout after upgrade from 1.1.5 to current version

• Creator
    Topic
    sneuweger
    Participant

i updated the version of swagger to the current one available on themeforest, which is 2.1.4 – May 3, 2014 according to the changelog on themeforest.
    after i updated the website was only displayed without layout, meaning without access to any of the css-files.
    I am using a child-theme for my adjustment to swagger.
    Could you please give me advice on how to update from 1.1.5 to 2.1.4 without loosing the layout??
    Any help, hints and comments would be highly appreciated.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

This absolutely should not happen if you updated the files correctly. This is most likely because you’ve uploaded the updated theme files incorrectly. So, don’t worry, we’ll get you sorted out. Can I see a link to your site? I can better help you to identify what you’ve done.

sneuweger
    Participant

Unfortunately this is not possible because i had to keep the site up and running as quickly as possible so i restored the backup i created before updating.

The steps i did to upgrade:
    – Download the new version of the theme from themeforest
    – Extract the contained zip with the theme files
    – Extract the contained zip with the child theme files
    – Selected all extracted theme files and uploaded it with ftp-client into the exisiting theme-folder
    – Selected all extracted child theme files and uploaded it with ftp-client into the existing child theme folder

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Is it possible you uploaded the theme with the improper directory structure? Like maybe you ended up with:

/wp-content/themes/swagger/swagger/ …

Or possibly you did something to file permissions when using your FTP program that would cause the CSS files to not resolve?

Or maybe the CSS files do resolve, but you simply need to clear your browser cache to be seeing the latest versions of them?

These are just all random guesses. Other than that I’m not sure, but if you’d link me to live example of the issue, I’m sure it can be sorted. 😉

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.