This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

losing fomatting in column shortcode

• Creator
    Topic
    joejacobson

Here is the page I’ve been having problems with: http://herbbaron.wordsandwriters.com/love-and-long-term-relationships/

This page is set up with the Builder with 2/3 and 1/3 columns above the featured content. I am feeding the content from the current page. The left 2/3 column seems to lose the paragraph formatting whenever I go in to the current page and edit the content. Not sure if it happens when I switch between the html and visual tabs. What happens is all the paragraphs run together. This seems to happen only with this nesting of the column shortcode inside the Builder layout.

I have been going back in and adding after each paragraph, even though in both the html and visual tabs it shows the paragraphs separated.

Thanks for your review.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

When you use the column shortcodes specifically, are you wrapping them in the [raw] shortcode? If so, that is the raw shortcode’s functionality and what would be doing it.

joejacobson

Okay, thanks. So I can take out the [raw] part?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yup. Its only job is to strip out automatic formatting by WordPress. — A lot of people like using this with the columns because it helps to avoid WP putting <p> tags in between the actual columns. So when you’re not using the [raw] shortcode, you just have to be more careful of your spacing between the column shortcodes.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.