This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Long Pauses in Admin in Child Theme

• Creator
    Topic
    elkat99
    Participant

My Akita child theme has gotten slow on the admin side. I’m hosting at WPEngine and the tech there told me this was a long query coming from the template:

require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/akita/template_builder.php’), get_header, locate_template, load_template, require_once(‘/themes/akita/header.php’), themeblvd_header_after, do_action(‘themeblvd_header_after’), call_user_func_array, my_ubermenu_nav, wp_nav_menu, wp_get_nav_menu_items, get_post_meta, get_metadata, update_meta_cache

Is there something obvious I need to fix here? Is it possible ubermenu is sthe culprit? Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m hosting at WPEngine and the tech there told me this was a long query coming from the template:

This is actually I think irrelevant to what you’re asking about. I think maybe when you were talking to WPEngine support, there was some sort of miscommunication there between you and them.

The following sequence of inclusions and events:

require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/akita/template_builder.php’), get_header, locate_template, load_template, require_once(‘/themes/akita/header.php’), themeblvd_header_after, do_action(‘themeblvd_header_after’), call_user_func_array, my_ubermenu_nav, wp_nav_menu, wp_get_nav_menu_items, get_post_meta, get_metadata, update_meta_cache

… are what would happen if you were viewing a custom layout from our Layout Builder on the frontend of your website. So, I think they may have checked your site’s Homepage (which I’m assuming uses a custom layout from our Layout Builder?), and that’s what they’re talking about, while conversely you’re wanting to know why your admin panel is slow.

I noticed you specifically mentioned that your “akita child theme” has gotten slow on the admin side. Do you mean that specific admin pages relating to using the Akita theme (and related plugins) are slow? Or the whole admin is slow? When did this start happening? After you started using a child theme? Or after you added something to your child theme? Or added a new plugin, maybe?

Is it possible ubermenu is sthe culprit?

There’s nothing that’s going to hurt you by simply just deactivating plugins to troubleshoot. I would just go through and experiment. For example, try deactivating ubermenu and see what effect this has on your admin menu. Go through other plugins you’ve got. If you think it may be something in your child theme, try commenting out chunks that you’ve added in your child theme’s functions.php.

elkat99
    Participant

Jason – I just thought maybe I had something set up wrong that you might see by looking at this, so you answered my question by telling me this is a normal sequence of events with the child theme and a custom layout. I’m trying to cover all the bases, and I suspect a couple of plug-ins are causing the slow page refresh on the admin end. Thanks for the quick response –

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.