This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Logo won't upload

• Creator
    Topic

I’ve been trying to upload a logo, which I have done in the past without issues … but now it will not work.

When I choose a file, whether I upload a new one, or choose it from the Media library, and then click “Insert Into Post”, the pop up screen goes blank white. and no matter how long I wait, which image file I choose, or which browser I use … the logo won’t upload.

See these screen shots.
    [no links to actual screenshot]

Please advise … thanks!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Jason Bobich. Reason: Fixed screenshot links
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Jason Bobich. Reason: Couldn't find working screenshot links
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Jason Bobich.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I wasn’t able to find the screenshots you were trying to post, but it sounds like maybe you have some sort of javascript errors happening. The fact that the button says “Insert into Post” and not “Use as logo” is my first indication that a javascript error has occurred initially.

Have you tried going through and disabling any plugins you have installed to see if something conflicts in some way? In most cases (not all), plugins shouldn’t be adding javascript to random pages of the WordPress admin panel (i.e. our Theme Options page). So if you do find a plugin that’s doing it, it may not be a plugin you’d want to be using anyway.

If you have disabled all plugins on your site and still cannot insert the logo, let me know. Also, note that realistically you don’t have to even use the “Use as Logo” button. You can just copy the URL of the image and paste in the text field of the logo option.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.