This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Logo not scalable

• Creator
    Topic
    change-agent

Greetings just installed the theme and have uploaded my Logo to the Home page template and can not scale it Media Library edit scale image). Also the save button under the image seems to be disabled. However clicking update on the right seems to save it, because when I click edit again the settings have held. However it does not update when I look at it with an other browser. Is there a trick? Or broken?

Image is a PNG file.

I also tried several other images and non seem to be scalable.

Thanks.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Apologies, but I’m not quite sure I’m following the issue here. Why would anything under your Media Library and editing images have anything to do with the theme? Or you’re just trying to say that the general WordPress feature of scaling an image doesn’t work for you? Have you tried posting in the wordpress.org forums? I’ve honestly never encountered such a problem.

change-agent

Morning Jason,

OK here is the scope. I go to the place where I upload the logo to appear in the left top corner where now the Alyeska logo appears.

My logo apears now very big on the site. so I want to scale it.

Next I go to the library where all the images are stored, select the one for the logo (I think it is 1004 x 420. Scale it proportionally to any size I like and it stays the same size on the pages.

Am I clear now?

Eric

change-agent

I uploaded 4 pics to help illustrate the problem.

http://imageshack.us/g/152/88296185.png/

Pic 4 (life Website) is the same whatever the size of the Logo in the Edit Media section.

BTW the link below is dead. >> tinypic.com

change-agent

Jason I tested more. If I paste the reduced image (the one for the logo) on a page it is scales fine.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

All right let’s get back to the core of everything and simplify things here. It sounds like you’re making this way more complicated than it should be.

In this theme, there is simply a text field that holds your logo image URL. Whatever image URL you put into that text box is what is going to show on your site, simple as that.

In WordPress when you use the scale feature, what it does is create a NEW image URL for that new size, and it will leave the original size there on your server in case you wanted to revert back to it (I think that’s why anyway).

I tested more. If I paste the reduced image (the one for the logo) on a page it is scales fine.

Show me a link to this attachment page with your logo the size you want in the body of the page and I will tell you the URL is that you should be putting into the option on your theme options page.

change-agent

Thanks Jason,

Yes i was thinking too we are getting complex here. I was thinking of scaling the image in Photoshop and using that. It is obviously clear with your last answer that the them is fine (as mostly, it is the user,not the software…).

If however you still feel like showing me the steps as to how to fix it the way you suggest, I am happy to learn.

Here is the link on my testing site in case you think it worth teaching me here.

http://816.i24.cc/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/FM-Logo-Trans-e1358613116674.png

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what steps you’re looking for? You’ve got the URL right there; there’s nothing else to do it. Go to your Theme Options page, put that URL in the logo option, and it’ll show that image. Make sense?

http://816.i24.cc/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/FM-Logo-Trans-e1358613116674.png

change-agent

O dear, how slow can one (me) be. I could have thought of that too. Sorry for wasting your time there. As said i thought there was something wrong with the template.

Thanks

Eric.

PS I am on a steep learning curve as I have never done any websites before. Again thanks for you patience and willingness.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.