This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Logo not loading

• Creator
    Topic

Hello I am trying to reload my logo onto the child’s theme – but it will not let me –

This is the message i am getting: “WSNW Logo-Colour-Large.jpg” has failed to upload due to an error
    Unable to create directory uploads/2012/10. Is its parent directory writable by the server?

can you advise?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

This wouldn’t have anything to do with the theme or how you’ve installed it. This just means that you haven’t setup WordPress correctly and that you cannot upload media in general. The reason is because your uploads directory is not writeable.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions#Permission_Scheme_for_WordPress

Basically, you just need to do what the message says. On your server, this directory needs to be writeable with permissions 755, 777, or similar.

/wp-content/uploads/

And if your uploads folder already contains directories within (for example if this is a site that you moved from another server), you need to apply the permission changes recursively throughout everything in the directory. You should contact whoever has setup WordPress on your server.

Thanks – got it sorted out!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.