This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

How to create a list of posts like the Archives page template

• Creator
    Topic
    chirotouch
    Participant

I’m trying to have a short clean bulleted list of posts like you have on the archive template. the list shortcode just takes up too much space and i want a list of 10 category specific at the top of the main page section.

Closest i was able to get was making a floating widget with your “Theme Blvd Mini Post List” widget and adding it into a builder layout. It just doesn’t have. I also tried to child theme the Archives template and adjust the child “content-template_archives”, but can’t get the list above the content without it picking up the content of the last post and not the page.

Shortcode would be cool, but any ideas will help.

Image Example

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Apologies, but there’s just no feature in the theme that is going to output automatically a list of posts like what you’re wanting. Have you tried looking for plugins over on wordpress.org? I’d think there are tons of plugins that list out posts in many different ways.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=list+posts

chirotouch
    Participant

Yea, the ones i tried took the default styling of the Alyeska post list as setup in the theme options. Guess I’ll need to keep at it. I was trying to keep in the framework and thought I’d be able to pull the working list from the archives template and make a shortcode or something.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In that archives template, there really is no formatting at all. It’s basically just a simple, unordered list like the following, opposed to the mini post list (for example) which has a bunch of specific formatting by the theme.

<ul>
    <li><a href="permalink">Post Title</a> - January 1, 2013 - 1 Comment</li>
    </ul>

So, that’s why I was thinking it should be easy to find some sort of simple plugin that will list out posts in a similar way.

chirotouch
    Participant

Thanks, I was making it more difficult than it needed to be. A simple shortcode and some css did the trick.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.