This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Link to latest post in category

• Creator
    Topic
    ciderhouse
    Participant

Is it possible to link to the latest post in a category or as an alternative override the archive list to show only one post as it appears in the single template (i.e. no border around the post with the title in a header box)?

I have tried using a template with a post list set to 1 but the formatting of this layout versus a single post layout vary.

I have also tried the shortcode [post_list thumbs=”hide” numberposts=”1″ orderby=”date” order=”DESC”]
    but can’t get the full content to show

Thanks in advance.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by ciderhouse.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi,

Apologies but there is no feature in the theme for what you’re asking. Have you tried looking for s plugin? I be there’s a free plugin on wordpress.org that does something similar to what you’re wanting.

ciderhouse
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply (I couldn’t find a plugin that would do this either – I think there is a pretty good reason why)
    Will look at some other options for presenting posts, that will keep the client happy.

Cheers

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Isn’t something like this what you’re looking for?

[recent category="your-cat" show="1"]

https://wordpress.org/plugins/recent-posts-by-cooperative-computing/

I think there are several other plugins if you search something like “recent posts shortcode”.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.