This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Lightbox

• Creator
    Topic
    seh

Try as I might, I cannot get the Lightbox function to work with galery in WP 3.5.1

Are there any problems with this function and the Akita template?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yup, all working over here. Can you provide a specific link to your issue? Possibly you have some sort of other conflicting plugin?

seh

http://www.maisondeslandes.co.uk/live/wp-login.php

I can give you the user ID and password but don’t want to broadcast it here.

The page in question is Facilities

Thanks for your prompt response

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

When you call your gallery shortcode you need to link to the actual files like this:

[gallery link="file"]

This will trigger the theme’s lightbox effect.

seh

As simple as that.

I’ve been viewing the video and it implies that it all happened automatically so I didn’t put a short code in.

Many thanks.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

WordPress inserts the shortcode for you. When you click “Insert Gallery” (or whatever it says) all WordPress does is put that shortcode into your page.

In the video, when it shows you how to do this, it explains that you need to select the option that says something like “Link to files” when inserting. — This tells WordPress to insert the shortcode in the way I just showed.

jeff21up

Something must have changed in latest wordpress as you have to put the shortcode in manually. The only options available when creating gallery now are media file and attachment page. Neither of these options when selected works and clicking the image goes to a page with the image on?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yup, this is definitely a bug currently with WordPress. They’ve got in trac, and it looks live they’ve got it fixed for when ever the next update comes out.

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23298

… in the mean time everyone can just type the link="file" manually into the gallery shortcode after it’s inserted into your page. I assume this will be fixed when WP 3.5.2 gets released.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.