This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

Lightbox in Slider is not working

• Creator
    Topic
    tpierpoint
    Participant

I have created a Slider and added several slides and for the first slide I have set it to open a Lightbox Image but it just opens the image in a normal page. Can you please help me solve this issue?

http://www.toddpierpoint.com/

Thanks,
    Todd

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    tpierpoint
    Participant

Here is a screen shot of my settings for the slide…

http://postimg.org/image/6yzqbqbm5/

tpierpoint
    Participant

…also it’s takes FOREVER sometimes for the images to load. Sometimes it hangs up indefinitely. What causes that?

tpierpoint
    Participant

Disabling the W3 Cache plugin resolved the Lightbox and performance issues. Are there known issues with the Slider and W3 Cache plugin?

Thanks.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Disabling the W3 Cache plugin resolved the Lightbox and performance issues. Are there known issues with the Slider and W3 Cache plugin?

Many people use W3 Total Cache with our themes. It’s what we recommend to everyone to speed up their sites. If the lightbox wasn’t working, I’d say it’s something about how you’re compressing the scripts through the plugin, possibly? I’d have to see a live example of the issue to tell you anything about that.

…also it’s takes FOREVER sometimes for the images to load. Sometimes it hangs up indefinitely. What causes that?

When you see the slider loading and loading, it’s not because the slider is necessarily taking a long time to load. The slider readies itself in the background, and simply is waiting to fade in until your site has fully loaded. This way, you don’t end up with a slider popping into a half-loaded website.

When you see this, it just means your site in general is hanging. Looking at your site, I can see a few bad requests lagging down your site:

So, when your site loads you have your site trying to pull these items that it can never retrieves until it finally gives up. It looks like in the first bad request, you’ve put in a Google font “PIXymbols” that doesn’t exist in the Google Font directory. Then you’ve got something trying to communicate with Twitter, that’s failing. Maybe a plugin or something you’re using?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.